Recently, the Minderoo Foundation released the 2023 Plastic Waste Maker Index (PWMI). According to the report, it is estimated that 402 million tons of polymers will be made into plastic products in 2021, of which 139 million tons will be single-use plastic products, that is, single-use plastics account for More than one-third of the world's annual plastic production.
Plastic pollution is a global problem. To strengthen the control of plastic pollution, the key is to find suitable alternatives. For some time now, from disposable drinking straws to drainage pipes, pulp molded products are becoming an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic products in many fields such as packaging, construction, transportation, and chemicals.
Under the new situation of widespread implementation of plastic ban and restriction, pulp molded products will become the main substitute after the "plastic restriction order" due to their excellent environmental protection and degradability. It can be predicted that in the next few years, pulp molding The industry will usher in a good period of rapid development.
Pulp molding, an environmentally friendly product, has been in large-scale production in my country for more than 30 years. From the early dry pressing production process, it has developed into dry pressing and wet pressing processes simultaneously, and the more environmentally friendly and energy-saving direct pressing process technology has become a new direction for pulp molding technology research and development.
1. Environmental protection characteristics of pulp molding
(1) The raw materials of pulp molding products come from a wide range of sources, and the main raw materials are mostly herbaceous plant fibers, such as reed, wheat straw, straw, bagasse, bamboo, etc. At present, domestic pulp mills that use grass fibers such as reed, bagasse, bamboo, and wheat straw as their main raw materials have their own pollution control systems. In terms of raw materials, paper molded products have completely walked out of a road model of "centralized pulping and decentralized production". , not only has no environmental pollution problem itself, but also can obtain more reliable raw material guarantee.
(2) The production process of pulp molding products is concise, basically no pollution sources appear in the production process, which meets the requirements of environmental protection production. In addition, the pulp molding production equipment has a high degree of localization, which is very conducive to the promotion and application of the project.
(3) Pulp molded products have a wide range of applications, a large market capacity, and rich potential to be tapped. Its products can be widely used in electrical packaging, planting seedlings, medical utensils, catering utensils, and fragile liners. The innovative pulp molding production line can produce products with different uses as long as the mold is improved and replaced. Its diversified functions and recyclable features are beyond the reach of other similar products.
(4) Pulp molded tableware is an important branch of pulp molded products. It is easy to recycle, can be recycled, and can be degraded by itself. It comes from nature and returns to nature. It is a typical pollution-free and degradable green environmental protection product. In line with the requirements of today's era and the needs of the market.
2. The development trend of paper-plastic innovative technology
1 Gradual development and application of intelligent unmanned production lines
The video data of PalPac company in Sweden shows that it adopts advanced direct pressing technology, uses web or pulp board as raw material, and goes through processes such as dispersed fiber and fiber forming, paper web pre-pressing, spraying and composite paper web, finished product extrusion and shaping. , basically realizing intelligent unmanned operation. With the gradual application of intelligence and unmanned in the production process of packaging products, such as the application in the carton industry and packaging and printing industry, domestic intelligent and unmanned pulp molding production lines are also gradually developed and applied.
2 Research on pulp molding composites
The research and development of pulp molding composite materials is also a hot spot in the industry. As the pulp molding products market continues to complicate product function and quality requirements, simply improving the production process and adding additives is not enough to meet market demand. By adding other materials to change the raw material formula and product performance of paper molded products, such as adding nanomaterials or high-strength fiber materials to raw materials, pulp molded packaging materials with special properties can be produced, which is also the future of pulp molded products. an important research direction.
3 Use computer technology to test and analyze product performance and parameters
Using computer technology to accurately measure the performance and parameters of pulp molding products to realize the quantitative calculation of process parameter design is the key to improving the quality and production capacity of pulp molding products, and computer technology is to use these parameters for specific product and process design Foundation. Based on quantified parameters and using professional software to model, through simulation analysis of pulp molded products, calculation of the relationship between product technology, performance and various parameters, the optimization of pulp molded products and their production processes can be efficiently completed design.
4 Research and development of direct pressure production technology and equipment
The traditional pulp molding wet forming process is to disperse the pulp fibers in water, and then filter through the forming mesh to form a wet paper mold base; while the direct pressure production process is to dissociate and loosen the raw pulp board in an opener. The latex resin is sprayed during the conveying process, and after forming a loose fiber net on the forming net, it is processed into a paper molded product through a hot-press die-cutting equipment.
The direct pressure production process adopts the continuous molding method to produce pulp molded products, which is a major change in the pulp molding production method. Compared with the traditional wet forming method, the pulp molding direct pressure production process greatly reduces the traditional A large amount of energy is consumed in the process of pulp board rewetting and disintegration, forming and drying.
With the healthy and rapid development of my country's national economy, economic exchanges with other countries in the world are becoming more and more frequent and close, and with the strong implementation of the "plastic restriction order", pulp molding, an emerging green environmental protection industry, will surely show strong vitality And broad market prospects, through the unremitting efforts and continuous innovation of industry insiders, new technology, new equipment and high-precision new products of pulp molding will also be continuously developed and developed. In the next few years, my country's pulp molding industry will welcome Come a period of rapid development.